Med. pravo., 2017; 2(20): 44-58
Doctor of medical sciences, professor of the department of forensic medicine of the Baku State University, chief of the Azerbaijan Unit of the UNESCO Chair of Bioethics, deputy head of the UNESCO National Committee on Bioethics of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan
PhD candidate of the Institute of Law and Human Rights of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan
Formation of Bioethics and Medical Law in the Republic of Azerbaijan as a Sole Complex Science
The article analyzes the prerequisites and the process of the formation of bioethics and medical law as a unified complex science. Bioethics as a new complex science encompasses the sphere of interdisciplinary researches, medical practice (clinical and experimental medicine) and human values, investigates the subject of the protection of human right to life and health in modern conditions.
The processes of globalization, scientific and technical progress and modern trends in the sphere of public health have had a great influence on its formation. Rapid development in the field of biotechnologies and medicine led to the emergence of a large number of moral, ethical and legal problems, the solution of which is called upon to deal with bioethics and medical law as a science. The authors review historical events that attracted public attention to the need to respect ethical values and human rights. Moreover, numerous international organizations and documents adopted by them have been mentioned that have influenced the development of bioethics. In conclusion, the authors overview the development of bioethics and medical law, as well as successes in this field in Azerbaijan.
Key words: bioethics, medical law, ethical issues, legal issues, bioethics in Azerbaijan.
1. Mamedov V. K. (2011) Stepen razvitiya meditsinskogo prava yavlyaetsya pokazatelem demokratichnosti i razvitiya obschestva V. K. Mamedov Azerbaydzhanskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal. 1. S. 5–9.
2. Sostoyanie prepodavaniya bioetiki v sisteme meditsinskogo obrazovaniya v gosudarstvah uchastnikah SNG analiticheskiy obzor, pod red. O. I. Kubar. SPb., 2010. p. 79.
3. Nyurnbergskiy kodeks, Bioetika dokumenty, terminy. Baku Nauka Elm, 2009. p. 24
4. Bioetika dokumenty, terminy pod red. A. I. Mustafaevoy. Baku Nauka Elm, 2009. p. 24
5. Yudin B. (2003) Osnovnyie eticheskie printsipy evropeyskoy bioetiki i bioprava B. Yudin Voprosy filosofii. 5. p. 180.
6. Beran R. G. (2010) Health law in the 21st century. R. G. Beran, Medicine and Law. V. 29. 2. p. 129.
7. Programma YuNESKO po bioetike. Bioetika dokumenty, terminy. Baku Nauka Elm, 2009. p. 79.
8. Pravovedenie. Meditsinskoe pravo uchebnik pod red. Yu. D. Sergeeva. Moskva. Meditsinskoe informatsionnoe agentstvo, 2014. p. 551.
9. Mammadov V. G. (2013) Bioethics.Azerbaijan R. G. Beran ed., Legal and Forensic Medicine. Berlin; Heidelberg: Springer, p. 1171.
10. Alieva Z. A. (1982) Vyisokoe prizvanie. Z. A. Alieva. Baku, p. 35.
11. Konstitutsiya Azerbaydzhanskoy Respubliki. Baku Ganun, 2014.
12. Ob ohrane zdorovya naseleniya Zakon Azerbaydzhanskoy Respubliki Sobranie zakonodatelstva Azerbaydzhanskoy Respubliki. 1997. 6. p. 62.
13. Mamedov V. K. (2012) Bioetika tesno svyazana s pravami cheloveka. V. K. Mamedov 21.07.
14. Alieva M. A. (2005) Evtanaziya kak moralno-pravovaya problema. M. A. Alieva Vestnik Bakinskogo universiteta. 1. p. 5.
15. Mammadov V. G. (2013) Recent developments of medical law and bioethics in Azerbaijan. V. G. Mammadov Medychne pravo. 1,11. p. 43.