Med. pravo., 2014; 1(13): 11-25
candidate of legal sciences, associate professor, associate professor of the Department of civil law No. 1 of the National University Yaroslav the Wise Law Academy of Ukraine
Main tasksof the health care facilities in the sphere of medical services provision were analyzed.The issuesof obtaining, processing and storing of confidential information, which was received by the health care facilities in the course of medical care provision was elucidated. The law of Ukraine “On Personal Data Protection” was analyzed and objectives of collecting and processing of personal data in the health care facility were elucidated. Objects of protection were analyzed. Subjects of these relations in particular possessors and managers of personal data were highlighted.
Different databases which are processed in the health care facilities and the quantity and name of which should be chosen by the health care facility itself were researched. The author suggested introducing a database “Patients”, “Employees”, “Interns”. Further the author elucidated the regime of observing confidentiality of data and possibility of disclosing these data to other persons.
Key words: health care facility, confidential information, personal data, patient.
1. Osnovy zakonodavstva Ukrayiny pro okhoronu zdorovya. Zakon Ukrayiny vid 19 lystopada 1992 r. Vidomosti Verkhovnoyi Rady Ukrayiny. 1993. 4. 20.
2. Savytskaya A.N. (1982) Vozmeshchenye ushcherba, prychynennoho nenadlezhashchym vrachevanyem. Lvov.
3. Stetsenko S.H. (2008) Medychne pravo Ukrayiny. Kyiv: pravova Ednist
4. Pro zakhyst personalnykh danykh. Zakon Ukrayiny vid 01 chervnya 2010 r. Vidomosti Verkhovnoyi Rady Ukrayiny. 2010. 34. 481.
5. Derzhavna sluzhba Ukrayiny z pytan zakhystu personalnykh danykh. Lyst vid 16 bereznya 2012 r. 137 Retrieved from http://www.buhgalteria.com.ua/baza/ListDSZPD137.doc